|Home||News||Waiting Times||Provider Information||Downloads||FAQ||About LOC|
Mid Yorkshire Hospital Trust
• The Mid Yorkshire Hospital Trust provide Ophthalmology Services across our district via hospitals in Wakefield, Dewsbury and Pontefract.
• Acute Ophthalmology Service
• Routine Ophthalmology Service
• Cataract Surgery
• Laser Capsulotomies
• Orthoptic Services
• Pinderfields Hospital, Aberford Road, Wakefield WF1 4DG
• Dewsbury and District Hospital, Halifax Road, Dewsbury WF13 4HS
• Pontefract Hospital, Friarwood Lane, Pontefract WF8
Acute Ophthalmology referrals only to;
• Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone : 01924 541 196
Routine ophthalmology including orthoptics and laser capsulotomy
• E-mail : email@example.com
• By post to : Treatment & Appointments Booking Centre, Pinderfields General Hospital, Aberford Road, Wakefield WF1 4DG
Referral - Further Information
• All referrals are triaged on the same day they are received.
• Patients referred to the Acute Clinic will be seen within 1 week if they are deemed to be acute after clinical triage.
• If Optometrists are unsure whether the referral is urgent, then the Trusts Ophthalmology Consultant has advised to send in a routine referral and the patient will be seen sooner if necessary.
• If you are unsure whether to send a referral as urgent it is suggested that you try and obtain a second opinion from within the practice.
• Only send urgent patients (Red) to the acute eye clinic.
• Semi urgent (Amber) patients and Green (Routine) patients can be referred through the normal routine referral route.
• Acute referrals must meet the acute criteria set out in the Commissioner’s Referral Guidelines.
• Routine Cataract, YAG or any other appointment should not be referred to the Acute Clinic to be seen quicker.
Transport is not automatically provided. Patients may be able to obtain transport via their GP using NHS Patient Transport Services. See General in the FAQ menu for details.
Post Cataract Documentation
A custom paper form given to the patient for the Optometrist to complete and return after the post operative assessment.
There is no specific contact for enquires except;
• Appointment Centre Enquiries : 01924 541 169
|Last Updated : 26th Oct 2020|